Venue: onsite ( Meeting Room 1 at XTBG Research centre )+online ( Tencent Meeting)
Training language: English + R
Dates: 27th – 30th June 2022 (4 days)
Registration: open until 24:00, 19 June 2022
Sponsor: Environmental Education Centre + CAS Key Laboratory of Tropical Forest Ecology ( Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences )
Fee: This workshop asks for 1000 RMB / person for training fee. Transportation, board and lodging are self-care.
About: The purpose of this workshop is to get participants familiar with the concept of reproducible science that is surprisingly not commonly taught but which is becoming a requirement for better collaboration (not only with others but with oneself through time) and for credible science. At the end of this workshop, attendees should be familiar with tools use to achieve reproducible science, will be more confident with themselves, and be inclined to adopt these tools which will ease their collaboration with themselves as well as others. This course consists of four main parts which aim to putting everything from data to final report including r code and some interpretations and also exercises as step by step work me through method.
1. Launching workshop presentation
2. Reproducible research: Bridging the gap among actors
3. Dealing with data: Tidyverse
4. Data visualization in Tidyverse: the power of ggplot2
5. Literate statistical programming: knitr
6. R Markdown
7. Version control
8. All in one: Git, GitHub, & R Studio
9. Workflow for reproducible work: Project
10. R Project: Think ahead of time
11. Example for reproducible reporting (A step by step approach)
Requirements for applicants:
1. This is an advanced workshop using R, so applicants should have at least some experience using R and/or R studio.
2. Although we aim to use English when needed explanation will also be in Chinese. But good English listening and speaking stills will help you to catch the lectures better. Please familiarize yourself with some commonly used vocabulary related to the workshop content in advance.
Student: not more than 25 students (15 onsite, 10 online)
Credit: This training course has been included in the Institute level educational administration system of XTBG. Students from institutions affiliated to Chinese Academy of Sciences can obtain 1 credit if they participate in the whole process and pass the examination.