Organiser: Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Registration: Registration is open until 20 Jan 2021
Sponsor: Environmental Education Centre, Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, CAS
Fee: 400 RMB/person (not including transportation, accommodation and meals)
About: During this two-day workshop, our instructor will demonstrate some basic analysis of metabarcoding data. More specifically, we will be analyzing 16S data using R. If you have metabarcoding data for other marker genes, we will cover that part towards the end by introducing other common reference databases and how to build customized ones.
Workshop outline (tentative):
Day 1 Morning 9:00 - 12:00
1. Brief introduction of metabarcoding
2. Preparation: install and load packages, download the data, filtering and trimming the data Day 1 Afternoon 14:30 - 17:30
3. Metabarcode-specific data cleaning: dereplication, merging and chimera removing
Day 2 Morning 9:00 - 12:00
4. Taxonomy assignment and community composition analysis
Day 2 Afternoon 14:30 - 17:30
5. Functional prediction and database customization
Requirements for applicants: 1). Experience with conducting analyses in R
Instructor: Dr. Huan Fan, Post doctor in Community Ecology and Conservation Group of XTBG, working on bioinformatics, next-generation sequencing, host-associated microbiome.
Student: not more than 30 (20 offline, 10 online), priorities will be given to people who have already obtained or ARE about to receive their sequencing data.